Filter by PPI Initiatives:
- Show All
Youth Mental Health First Aid -- Join the movement.
Sometimes first aid isn't a bandage or CPR. Sometimes, first aid is YOU. A young person you know could be experiencing a mental health or substance use problem. Learn an action plan to help. Anyone 18 or older can take Youth Mental Health First Aid, but it is recommended for those who regularly have contact with young people ages 12-18 -- teachers, coaches, social workers, faith leaders and other caring citizens.
Location: To Be Announced
Members of the MCSAP coalition will meet from noon to 2:30 p.m. Location to be determined.
Partners preventing substance use among youth as part of Stay Strong MKE are required to attend. Please bring flyers for any upcoming events to share!
Location: United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County, 225 W. Vine St., Milwaukee
Calling all social service providers, advocates, and allies: The Empowerment Coalition of Milwaukee (ECOM) is offering a full year of workshops to enhance your skills and knowledge and empower you in your profession.
The 2018 workshops, sponsored by Community Advocates, are:
- February 16: Programs and Services for Veterans
- March 16: Family Services / Child Support / Paternity
- April 20: Job / Employment Services
- May 18: Programs for Children / Youth Services
- June 15: Domestic Violence / Elder Abuse Prevention & Intervention
- July 20: Human Trafficking / Child Exploitation
- August: No workshop
- September 21: Utility Services / Energy Assistance
- October 19: Housing Services
- November 16: Active Shooter / Safety in the Workplace
- December: No workshop
All workshops will be held on the third Friday of each month at the United Way of Greater Milwaukee and Waukesha County, 225 W. Vine St., Milwaukee, from 9 a.m. to noon. Workshops are $5 per session; please pay in advance or on the day of the workshop.
Advance registration is required.
Please mail the registration form to Community Advocates, Attention: ECOM, 728 N. James Lovell St., Milwaukee, WI 53233; fax it to Denise Lovelace at 414-875-2010 or email it to email@example.com.
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Milwaukee Public Museum, 800 W. Wells St., Milwaukee
9:30 am - 1:00 pm